Pages

19 January 2009

Admiral Allen on the Inaguration

Admiral Allen has a very thoughtful post on the Inaguration of Barack Obama as President. I encourage each of you to read the whole post. The Commandant sums up with the following:

Tomorrow we will witness the true genius of our American Constitution and the promise of the American Revolution. I will be there, I will represent you. Barack Obama will be sworn in as our Commander in Chief. My charge and the charge to all men and women who serve in our Coast Guard: stand erect, salute, defend the Constitution, and execute the mission.
Tomorrow I will stand on the steps of the Capitol with our Commander in Chief. He will direct, we will follow. It is my duty, is your duty. Carry it out .. with Honor, Respect, and Devotion to Duty.
 

No comments: