Pages

24 May 2009

This post originally appeared on cgblog.org on 07DEC2008. As we remember the fallen tomorrow I thought it appropriate to republish here. Please take time on Monday to reflect on the sacrifice of so many to secure the blessings of liberty for us and future generations.



In August I took my son Tim, 13 and daughter Charlotte 10 to the Arizona Memorial for the first time. As a teenager growing up on Oahu I'd been a number of times but there is something particularly poignant about returning with my children who may yet be called upon to make serve their country. I can only imagine the pride and fear I will feel when and if that day comes.
With profound respect and gratitude for those who have served, now serve and will serve in the years to come I offer three photos from our trip to the USS Arizona.
- Mainmast of the USS Arizona, flag pole USS Arizona Memorial, USCGC Rush

- The fallen of a grateful nation whom we would be proud to be allowed to call shipmates

- Flying proud over the USS Arizona

No comments: