Pages

02 September 2009

D13 Commander's recent commentary on the multiple roles of the Coast Guard

Our District 13 Commander, Rear Adm. Gary T. Blore, authored a post on the D13 blog (which I hope everyone is reading) discussing the dual roles of the Coast Guard as a law enforcement agency and a military service and the flexibility required to shift between these roles and to other roles such as those of a rescuer.

The Auxiliary does not directly share the law enforcement and military roles with the Active Duty and Reserve components. Nevertheless, we do exert significant influence because of the uniforms we wear and the responsibilities entrusted to us by Station OICs, our Sector Commander, our District Commander, and the Commandant. We too must be flexibility, exercise good judgement, seek only to act in ways bring credit to the Coast Guard, live by the Coast Guard Ethos, and safeguard the liberties and lives of our fellow citizens.

Thank you all for your service.

I Am America's Maritime Guardian.
I Serve The Citizens Of The United States.
I Will Protect Them.
I Will Defend Them.
I Will Save Them.
I Am Their Shield.
For Them I Am Semper Paratus.
I Live The Coast Guard Core Values.
I Am A Guardian.
We Are The United States Coast Guard.

No comments: