Pages

17 November 2009

2009 USCG Innovation Expo Field Reports

Report 5: I had a great day discussing social media with fellow Guardians I had previously met only in the virtual world. Participants included (by Twitter handle) @xpconcept, @petermello, @benjaminstrong, @katiehood, @pastinson, @simplydan, @MVittone, @uscgd13 and many more. You can see some of the highlights here: PodcampUSCG We've a number of initiatives that will emerge in the coming days and weeks including a Wiki, a code of conduct for Guardians when participating in social media unofficially (because there is one when participating in the course of our duties), plans for PodcampUSCG2010 and an ongoing community between now and the 2010 Podcamp. If you are interested in social media and the Coast Guard please join the conversation.


Report 4: At PodcampUSCG
I'm participating in the inaugural PodcampUSCG hosted here at the Virginia Beach Convention Center. It is great to meet so many fellow Guardians and associated shipmates who I have only met online.




Ben Strong of AMVER (if you are not following AMVER on Twitter, Blogger and/or Facebook you should).


Report 3: Sunrise opening day


The sun rises over the water here, go figure.






Report 2: From Virginia Beach

First video from Virginia Beach kicking off the Innovation Expo




Report 1: Intro and PDX
Shipmates,
I'm on my way to Virginia Beach for the 2009 Coast Guard Innovation Expo. I'll be posting field reports during my trip so you can join me "virtually".

Rather than a new post each time I will update this post with notes and new videos so check back from time to time between now and Thursday.

[Update - Intro Video]




Best,
Daren

No comments: