Pages

07 December 2009

December 7th 1941

Shipmates,
I spent a fair bit of my youth in sight of the Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor. Last year I posted the following on cgblog.org and I wanted to share it with you today.

Sunday, December 7, 2008



Remembrance

Posted by Daren Lewis
In August I took my son Tim, 13 and daughter Charlotte 10 to the Arizona Memorial for the first time. As a teenager growing up on Oahu I'd been a number of times but there is something particularly poignant about returning with my children who may yet be called upon to make serve their country. I can only imagine the pride and fear I will feel when and if that day comes.
With profound respect and gratitude for those who have served, now serve and will serve in the years to come I offer three photos from our trip to the USS Arizona.


- Mainmast of the USS Arizona, flag pole USS Arizona Memorial, USCGC Rush



- The fallen of a grateful nation whom we would be proud to be allowed to call shipmates





- Flying proud over the USS Arizona

No comments: